A milk frother is among the best additions you can have in your kitchen, especially if you enjoy your cup of coffee. Coffee with creamy white froth is always such a treat at any given time. But for this to happen, you would need to get a frother so you can also enjoy delicious milk just like you like it. A milk frother spins air into a milk cup, creating whipped cream like froth that you can add to your coffee top.
Milk froth is lower in fats compared to whip cream and is very tasty too, and frothing at home can be one of the best things you can do. The milk frother you select determines the kind of experience you have when making your latte so here are a few factors that should come to mind when buying.
1. Milk inputs – Today, cow’s milk is not the only preference and it is therefore helpful to get a frother that can actually froth any other favorite milk option you have. Find out whether it can do almond, hemp or even coconut or any other that you would be interested in. Because most units are guaranteed to froth cow’s milk best, expect different effects with any other milk or get a frother that can actually accommodate your favorite milk.
2. Froth quality – The type of milk frother you purchase can determine the quality of your froth. With a good brand selection, it is actually possible to enjoy best quality with a handheld machine. Electric frothers on the other hand have temperature settings that make control easier for you and provide excellently thick and refined froth compared to handheld frothers. Stiff, thick and less bubbled froth seems to be a favorite for many so ensure that your machine can fetch you the quality that you expect with your froth.
3. Power consumption – Some machines are relatively high power consumers while others are not. The cost of operating your appliance should matter, especially if you are keen on energy conservation. Handheld frothers usually require less power compared to larger electric models. Just ensure that you can actually handle the effects, especially in increased bills, or choose a machine that requires lower power to operate.
4. Cleaning requirements – There are machines whose parts are dishwasher friendly and others that you have to manually clean. Others only need to be rinsed off like the handheld ones, but most are not dishwasher friendly. Because milk can dry and become stiff and hard to clean, ensure that you select a frother that gives you an easy time cleaning. It also helps to rinse and wipe the frother clean after every use.
5. Design – If you value the look of your kitchen, then the design of your machine should matter. Luckily, most milk Frothers come in modern designs including shiny chrome finishes. Apart from the finish, you also have the freedom to select a size that matches with your kitchen space needs. Make sure that the design also favors the frothing process so you have an easy time handling your machine.